Real Time Clearing
Real Time Clearing (RTC) allows you to process your Business Online payments to beneficiaries at participating banks in real time, giving them immediate access to their funds.
Real Time Clearing allows you to:
- make instant payments to suppliers outside of regular processing times
- make real time COD, salary and wage payments to beneficiaries who hold accounts at participating banks
Features and benefits:
- RTC may be used to effect payments from all domestic transactional accounts in your Business Online banking portfolio
- The service can be used in conjunction with other Business Online products such as Pay Alert, Same Day Soonest Value Service (SSVS), Same Day Payment Service (SDPS), SWIFTNet and host-to-host
- Extended processing times make the service highly convenient.
Initially RTC will be available between midnight and 19h00, Mondays to Saturdays (excluding Sundays and public holidays). The intention is to extend the service in due course to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Payments of up to R 5 million may be made to beneficiaries at participating banks using RTC, although the limit for transactions processed outside of regular office hours is R 250 000
How to access Real Time Clearing
Standard Bank’s RTC payments feature is available to all Business Online users in South Africa.
Contact your Standard Bank representative, or call the Business Online contact centre on
0860 123 007
to have Real Time Clearing added to your banking portfolio.